Saturday, July 28, 2012

Evolution of a Back Porch

Looking through my iPhoto albums, I was amused by my early attempts to make my back patio appealing. And by what shithole my house was when I bought it - good thing I saw the diamond (ok, cubic zirconia) in the rough!
Day of walk through in June 2009. I think the stump in the yard was what sold me.
Rake the dirt yard, add some kitchen chairs and a few spikey, colorful flowers and presto-chango!
Still a shithole.

Do the cute flowers distract you from the peeling paint??
Porch 2.0 - removed the front railing and repainted. So happy. November 2010.

Final product, July 2012. New inviting chairs & pillows, more plants and a lawn!!
Now I actually sit out here.

Return of the spikey flowers. I love these things.
Close up of the succulent planter I put together that's on the front of the porch. Plus a peak at what the dirt yard was transformed into.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! The outcome is stunning! I guess you are having a lot of fun in doing the renovations and revamping and all that stuff! Having a mortgage loan is a lot better than paying rent, primarily because all the money that you pay monthly goes out for nothing aside from rent. Paying for mortgage, although a little more expensive, will be well worth it when it's through.

    Nannie Toller

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, this is already the first house that you bought? Wow! It looks so much better now. I’ve seen that there are big improvements you’ve done over the past years. Well, I can tell that you made the right decision to get a mortgage loan than to rent a house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you, Nannie and Levi. Applying for a mortgage is way better than renting a house. For one, it's a good thing to invest in, so that you can call something your own in time. Besides, you don't have to seek agreements from a landlord when you want to renovate your house. It's yours, anyway.

    Abdul Jackson

    ReplyDelete